As 2018 comes to an end and we prepare for 2019, I am reflecting on what an amazing organization we have. We have 176 current members within the organization, and our Region Representatives continue working hard to recruit new members.
Whether you’re new to OFSOA, or you’ve been a member for a very long time, I hope you find the organization beneficial to yourself and your career in the fire service.
We wrapped up the fall conference in Bend in October and had a wide variety of classes offered over the 2 ½ day event. It was great training and as always, a wonderful opportunity to network with each other.
Elections were held at the annual awards banquet during our conference and the following people were elected by the membership to the following positions for a two-year term:
· President – Julie Spor, Sisters-Camp Sherman Fire District
· Secretary – Olivia Houck, Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue
· Region 2 Representative – Lillee Rodriguez, Philomath Fire & Rescue
· Region 5 Representative (one-year term to fill a vacancy) – Nikki Osborn, Klamath County FD #1
The fourth level of Accreditation was adopted by the Board! If you’d like information about the parameters of applying for the fourth level of accreditation, you can find information on the website.
Upcoming Board meetings will be held as follows:
· First Quarter meeting will be January 9, 2019, at 2 p.m. via teleconference.
· Second Quarter meeting will be held at 3 p.m. April 17, 2019, at Albany Fire.
The 2019 Workshop will be held April 18-19 at Albany Fire Department and the 2019 Conference will be held October 16-18 at the Grand Hotel in Bridgeport. Watch for more details on those events on our events page.
If you have any questions or if I can be of assistance to you, please don’t hesitate to email me.