“Public Education in a 21st Century Environment”
Public Education Conference
June 27-29, 2006
Click here for Registration Materials or Scholarship Application
The Office of Oregon State Fire Marshal Community Education Unit and the Oregon Life Safety Team are sponsoring a public education conference June 27-29 at Western Oregon University in Monmouth, Oregon.
Keynote topics and workshops include:
- Sixteen-hours of knowledge based training for Public Information Officer Certification as approved by DPSST will be available.
- Media literacy – A framework for learning & teaching
- Designing and marketing a campaign to your audience
- Effective communications to homeowners in the wildland
- Learn what it takes to make an effective display
- Lifestyles of the 55 & Over -
- Dealing with generational differences
- Teaching techniques for pre-school and grade school children
- Community smoke alarm program
- And more!!
DPSST approval is pending for certification credits for the knowledge base section of Public Fire and Life Safety Education I.
Need a scholarship? We can help! Full and partial scholarships are available to Oregon fire service personnel. Need an application? Go to: www.sfm.state.or.us or contact Krista Fischer at: 503-373-1540 x245, or by email Krista.Fischer@state.or.us for information.
Registration and on-site lodging costs EXTREMELY affordable. Registration forms and additional conference information available on-line at www.sfm.state.or.us
The registration fee of $100.00 includes admission to all general sessions, workshops, materials, designated parking and meal functions (three lunches, refreshment breaks, Western BBQ dinner, one buffet breakfast and one continental breakfast. Such a deal!
Your very own private dorm room with private bath is available for $36.00 per night. What a bargain!
Don’t wait...register today!