Website Pleasant Hill Goshen Fire & Rescue
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
(See Full packet on website)
The purpose of this recruitment is to fill immediate openings and to establish an eligibility list for the
position of Lieutenant/EMT-I.
Compensation and Benefit Package:
• Salary Range: $53,347-$63,699 + FLSA OT
• Benefits: Medical dental, vision coverage, AD&D, AFLAC Cancer policy, and access to
other employee paid AFLAC policies including, short term disability.
• Oregon PERS Retirement – Currently employer paid.
• Employee access to secondary Nationwide Roth 457, retirement plan
• Excellent paid-time-off vacation package and sick leave
Minimum Qualifications to Apply:
• Minimum of 3-years of progressive structural firefighting experience as volunteer or
• Experience working with volunteer firefighters in either a combination
career/volunteer or volunteer organization, is highly preferred.
• Must be Oregon EMT-Intermediate or Paramedic by date of hire.
• DPSST Firefighter I or equivalent
• Wildland Firefighter Type II
• Hazmat awareness and operations certification
• Possession of a valid Oregon Driver’s License or ability to obtain by July 1, 2024
Any combination of education, training, and/or experience that demonstrates equivalent requirements
may be considered at the sole discretion of the Fire District.
Ideal Candidate Qualities:
• The ideal candidate will have and maintain a high level of professional integrity who
will set an example and path for the department, both professionally and personally.
• The Lieutenant will have a passion for training and demonstrate excellence on the
emergency scene. They will possess strong mentorship skills and have a commitment
to supporting our members towards their fire and EMS service goals.
• The Lieutenant will use an approachable and team-oriented working style. They will
be supportive of the overall management team and organization.
• The ideal candidate will be a skilled, strategic, and analytical thinking decision maker.
• They will understand and value traditional fire roles and appreciate the dynamics
around a combination fire department.
• The Lieutenant will be committed to our core values:
o Safety and Performance
o Customer Service
To apply for this job please visit pleasanthillgoshenfire.org.